Just this place like one I once knew.
And I hate to chisel in stone, but.
I don't understand, motive or impulse or resignation.
And I couldn't hear them but I could hear you. And even in these echoes expect I hear you more than you heard yourself.
I hope you forget. I hope all comes to naught. I hate the mocking overlay. I hate your nervous laughter. The sudden flight from reason.
My silence is like so many mincing steps.
No, you are not beholden to me. I am not your mother. You are right. Because I won't raise my voice, won't extract vengeance. I am so many beats of silence.
Understand: I am risk averse. It comes in part with rationality. It's left in part by blunt forces.
What are you slave to? It's something beyond fear. I cannot see it. I cannot understand it. I do not accept your reasoning.
I will not accept that it is a lie I cherish.
No outlet. No recourse.
Don't take this to heart. I stopped shaking a while ago. I am tired. Baseless.
I know these words. So well that I know how powerless they are.
Please.
Why?
No comments:
Post a Comment